From: EatingWell Magazine, July/August 2016
This refreshing fruit dessert pizza recipe swaps classic cookie crust with a healthier watermelon crust. Topped with yogurt sauce, your favorite berries and mint, this fresh dessert can easily be doubled for a party or halved for every day.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large round slices watermelon (about 1 inch thick), cut from the center of the melon
- ⅔ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup halved blackberries
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- Combine yogurt, honey and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spread ¼ cup yogurt mixture over each slice of watermelon. Cut each slice into 8 wedges. Top with strawberries, blackberries and mint.
- Serving size: 2 slices
- Per serving: 64 calories; 1 g fat(0 g sat); 1 g fiber; 15 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 13 mcg folate; 1 mg cholesterol; 12 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 893 IU vitamin A; 22 mg vitamin C; 46 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 13 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 fruit