Snowflakes Embryo Adoption. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart” (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV).
Just as each snowflake is frozen, unique and a gift from heaven, so are each of our Snowflake Babies. We hope to help each donated embryo grow, develop and live a full life.
Embryo adoption? What is it?
When couples use in vitro fertilization to achieve pregnancy, they will often have embryos remaining after they complete their family. One of the options available to them is to donate those embryos for reproduction. Embryo adoption allows the family with remaining embryos to select a recipient family for their embryo gift. That family could be you. The adopting family is able to use the donated embryos to achieve a pregnancy and give birth to their adopted child.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions pioneered embryo adoption in 1997 with the creation of the Snowflakes Embryo Adoption Program
- Over 460 babies have been born to their adoptive parents through successful Snowflakes placements
- Over 1,100 families have donated their remaining embryos through Snowflakes (sometimes referred to as leftover, excess, unused embryos)– allowing them to choose the family for their embryo gift
- Embryo adoption is a low-cost adoption option, allowing you to experience pregnancy and give birth to your adopted child
- Unlike other programs, Snowflakes has embryos available for adoption now
- There are now well over 600,000 embryos in frozen storage in the United States. Will you choose to donate? Will you choose to adopt?